Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Chivalry isn't dead, it's just on life support...


They say the way to a man's heart is through his stomach. Well, the way to a girl's heart, is through chivalry...this girl anyway. 
Chivalry: the sum of the ideal qualifications of a knight man, including courtesy, generosity, valor, and dexterity in arms (dictionary.com). 
For the life of me, I can't figure out why so many people have abandoned this concept. Why are so many people satisfied with short-term relationships based solely on physical attraction and nothing deeper? Do people really think that those kinds of relationships will last when time starts taking it's toll on our physical appearances? Yeah you can get plastic surgery...but eventually you end up looking like Joan Rivers, and who wants that? Not saying that she's not attractive, but you can tell without a doubt that she's made of artificial material...

So my point is, if this so called "love" goes no deeper than the surface, what's left of the relationship when the wrinkles start coming out? Or when the metabolism slows drastically and 30+ lbs are gained? I don't know about you, but I want a love that will stand the test of time. A love that won't care if I don't put makeup on every day and choose to stay in my pajamas for 24 hours straight. A love that understands I'm moody sometimes and I've got a lot on my plate. A love that will support me when I put God and my kids first instead of being selfish and jealous. So where do you find that?

The definition of chivalry is exactly what God intended a man to be for his wife. Someone who cares about her needs, not out of obligation, but out of genuine love. Someone who will take care of her when she's sick, or at least take care of the kids/chores when she's sick so she can rest. Someone who will open doors for her, ask about her day (again, not out of obligation but out of love and caring), and someone who doesn't expect the relationship to progress at 100mph. Someone who respects her enough to wait...and, if the situation called for it, someone who would give his life for her, just as Christ did for the church. Christ didn't die to be called a hero or so He could get His face in the newspaper, He died out of love. Pure love.

There a very few people like that left in the world. Men and Women...I'm not putting all the blame on the men here. Women have become so insecure in themselves that they will do whatever a man says to feel loved by him...often throwing away any morals she may have had...only to end up alone anyway. So why go through the heartache of rushing into things with person after person and suffer way more than you would have to? Just take things slow and fall in love...not in lust. It's worth it. Let's bring Chivalry back to life :)

I want an old fashioned romance, put together by God Himself...until then, you can call me single :)


2 comments:

  1. I am so proud of you my beautiful daughter! You have overcome so many things in your young life!! As I read your blog, it amazes me how wise you are about things that it took me years to learn! Keep your chin up! Your future is what you make it with Gods help, of course! He is in charge! Love you! <3
    Mom

    ReplyDelete